
It's not everyday that people tell you to be more emotionally responsive. Although I'm sticking to my new year resolution of complaining less, I'm just having to find the difference between that and being emotionally ignorant.
I've been told recently that it's important to be emotionally connected to work that you create - for me it's more the subject matter depicted in the work.
This SESSION began several weeks ago, where I began drawing what I remember of patterns, colours and curves I saw on this dress at Zouk. The dress wasn't much, oddly enough, flashy yet simple. Flashy perhaps because it was light coloured and under strong UVs, glowed with such decadent radiance.
The thing is, I've been pretty bothered over the colours. Each time I see this combination of luminous purples and violets, I'm reminded of the dress, and for each time I am reminded of the dress, I am reminded of the person wearing it to a very great extent. I suppose, this is one way in which I am responding, emotionally, to my work. It's odd, because within the colour palette, alot of other feelings are attached to it - among them, love.
No comments:
Post a Comment