
I can't seem to stop having this attraction to isometric spaces. Lately, in my more inspired moments, I've been building a new world. Some tell me it's heavily inspired by cake. Similar to the ONEDAY world visual blog I built a few years ago, this one uses some new dynamic loading techniques I've been refining over my learning experience at COFA. The environment is still being streamlined for fluidity on slower systems (not everyone is like Cherd who has 4GB of RAM).
The styling and feel of this environment is sharper and darker than my previous isometric environments. Also, I'm using relative positioning to move the whole "world", this gives the user a deeper immersion into the depth of the space and better perception of layers.
I've decided to do away with the free-scrolling in this world and re-adopt the "goldfish memory" interface in which previous rooms fade when rooms are changed. The interface and navigation is operated by transition intervals of doors, pausing at the room the doors leads to - see below.

As a technical note for those who are more versed in the areas of interactive Flash design, I've chosen to use self-made movieclip symbols for buttons as opposed to button symbols. It's common knowledge that the versatility of movieclip symbols assigned with button functions is far greater than mere button symbols. This is perhaps the greatest reason this project is taking quite long to polish up. Hopefully, I'll managed to get the hitboxes and sorts running smoothly when the project goes live - with luck, next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment