Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bubbles For Cherd



Richard's got me to help out with his website. After painstakingly going through 3 months of concept development, he's now looking at the concept of bubbles - remotely resembling a string of frog's eggs.

The requirement is that the bubbles are to be randomly facing and scaled, at the same time a certain congruency must be maintained. The intial plan was to have this as a splash, but I've suggested that this makes an excellent interactive toy as well as navigation tool - me and my fucking big mouth lol. The bubbles must not overlap. I'm not very experienced at collision detection yet, so right now i've just got a script going that randomly sizes and rotates all the objects on screen, the distance and size of each is relative and drawn from a a designated bubble. This produces a less geometrical effect and more rhizomatic movement.

So far Cherd's happy with the progression of the interface, it's always necessary to give an update of the actual working interactivity. Often, I realised that showing working concepts leads to more work for me, but hey, if I get to throw in ideas of my own, I'd be happy to work alittle bit more with it.

No comments: