Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SCA Grad Show

It felt so strange going back to Sydney College of the Arts, SCA, to see the artworks of my former peers. It's like I started out my education in visual aesthetics there, and now I'm back there again, just as I'm about to graduate.


Simply put, this is Belle's plasticine deer.


Belle's plasticine zebra. The way she constructed this was using tiny "pinches" of plasticine and just thumbing them together into a meticulous mosaic.


A patch of inverted beetroot.


Spider-legged birdhouse.


This was my favourite. 3 large wire frame sculptures representing a sort of metamorphosis or transition from a horse/quadrupedal animal to a man-like/bipedal creature. I found the leftmost wire frame the most elegant and the slow "fall from grace" into this monstrous creature on the right corner.


Lia was also exhibiting her work that night. She always had a knack for creating minimal yet contemplative pieces. Her featured work was a three panel evolutionary piece questioning and perhaps speculating the developmental transformation of societies. You'll find more of her and her work here. If you look closely, I'm also wearing my trusty Autobot belt.

No comments: