Having not received any emails from the organisers, I thought my submission was a lost cause. But I decided to check out Fleshimp's webby to see the shortlisted designs anyway (street culture isn't exactly my forte and I'd like to find out what the popular aesthetics are).
The bad news is that I didn't win.
The not so bad news is that one of my designs was shortlisted and featured on Fleshimp's webby. Well, at least I don't really have to worry about how I was going to make the shoe before December. I would try making it though, seems like something interesting to do.

The shortlisted and featured design.

The other design, using the same coral and sea graphic sets as my graduate submission. I was somehow hoping if one of these designs won, it would be this one. I kinda worked out how I was going to pull it off accurately.

These are some early concepts. Here you can see that I am slowly stripping off elements to make the eventual design more feasible to actually make in a short period of time and still look decent. It may not be "zomgamazing" but at least the actual submissions looked like they can actually be done by a noob like me. I watched a few youtube vids on how to pimp kicks and was hoping to airbrush on a stencil (lol, dunno if I could have got away with it or not). I was worried that even if I brought some of my early concepts to pro sneaker pimpers, they'd tell me "this is impossible, you're fucking retarded."
No comments:
Post a Comment