
It's been awhile since I touched Flash to a relatively intense level. Much of which I attribute to The Orange Box. Gabe did pass a comment to me earlier on how after 8 years I'm actually back where I was, playing video games. However, although a large part of me sees the grim outlook with the love-hate relationship I have in terms of video games, I can't deny that it often inspires and alters my perception.

The Orange Box: Portal for one, is my new favourite game. I don't know what the developers were thinking when they built it but man, hats off to you. To have played it sooner is my only gripe.

It occurred to me lately that people are growing up and I too am growing old. One day, people are going to ask me, "So, what are you doing now?" I'd honestly like to say, "I'm doing cool shit." but that reply doesn't suffice anymore. I've returned to the rather bleak and in many ways "fake" local graduate demographic and it's certainly making me very very scared.
I've just begun working on a molecular/cellular/modular construction interactive toy - one that can be adapted to any purpose (menu navigation systems perhaps?) Right now, these pictures don't do it justice. I'll try and get a working prototype up asap.
No comments:
Post a Comment