Monday, May 5, 2008

Relative Scaling


I've been looking for more applicable, more textured and more earthly approaches. I've been thinking about doing this for ages. Arowanas, or any scaled creature for that matter has always been one of the things I've wanted to get the script to create. I've chosen the subject of Arowanas in particular because it's got a certain significance to me, again, like most of my other stuff, it's quite closely tagged to emotions. I've tried to make this response more toned and muted, and as I always like to do - attach some scientific jargon along with it.

The scales in this attempt took me awhile to generate - about 18mins. Each scale is unique to the next one to the 5th decimal place. I know it doesn't look too much the magnitude of the random generation doesnt really show up. I've gotta find a way to refine this to better present it.

Anyway, Sum and I were just chatting about the difference between similar and identical structures of living things.

"There can always be the perfect animal/human being... its possible to manipulate an animal into that through breeding and grooming... but (to the perception of) people, its unethical."

Personally, exploring minute differences in coding to the fifth decimal place and seeing the effects visually on screen is as much a fascination for creation as it is to play the role The Grand Orchestrator. Clearly, the differences in nature and the descerning similarities might be so minute that they might not even be noticed (by the individual at least). I mean we're only human.

No comments: