Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fame and Stupidity

Sometimes, actually, most of the time, I get the best discussions over a cup of coffee. When we're not talking about stuff we've seen on the net, or the latest developments in machine politics, we talk about social interactions, science and space travel.

It's interesting to note that Einstein was not the most brilliant Physicist, however, he certainly was the most famous one. Which is probably why there is truth in a lesser known quote from him.

It's a somewhat humbling quote, which often echoes an essence of what Mum always told me to do - keep a low profile. It's a somewhat Sun Tze mentality that both my parents constantly remind me to practice. If you want to be good at something practice in secret.

I initially thought it was a shrewd way of keeping trade secrets within the family. But as I thought about it more, especially after I saw this quote, it dawned upon me that a lower profile would allow greater room to focus on getting into your own zone and doing your thing.

The most brilliant physicists were most famously known within their own community and I suppose the same could be said about the design circle. So this is indeed a thought-provoking quote that probably applies to alot more aspects of life.

No comments: